PARADIGM THERAPEUTIC DAY SCHOOL
School Social Worker
The School Social Worker of Paradigm Therapeutic Day School provides clinical assessment, counseling and intervention, case management, and support for Paradigm Therapeutic Day School students and their families. This is a clinical position that is responsible for delivering quality clinical care. The School Social Worker is responsible for individual, group, and family counseling, case management, regular collaboration with community partners, and promoting a trans-theoretical clinical approach between the school’s administrators, clinicians, and teaching staff.
The responsibilities of the School Social Worker at Paradigm Therapeutic Day School (Paradigm) include, but are not limited to:
- Provide individual counseling to students both on a weekly basis at minimum and on an as needed basis, per the student’s IEP
- Implement therapeutic group counseling curricula in order to facilitate weekly group counseling sessionsfor Paradigm students (e.g.- Girls Group, Anger Management, NA, Social Skills, etc.)
- Conduct risk assessments as appropriate for students in crisis
- Perform routine comprehensive and psycho-social assessments, treatment planning and treatment plan reviews, mental health inventories, and evaluative tools specific to the Paradigm clinical program
- Work collaboratively with Child Study Teams to report on progress and the clinical needs of the students throughout the academic year
- Collaborate with Paradigm teachers, administration and other staff members to effectively support the clinical needs of the students
- Engage the families of Paradigm students in regular school based family counseling
- Coordinate and participate in meetings and services with all related agencies as appropriate, including (e.g.) DYFS, CMOs, Child Study Teams, Probation, Private Therapists, Treatment Centers, Police, Parents/ Guardians
- Provide linkages and referrals for students to community support services and programs when clinically appropriate;
- Monitor and follow-up on student attendance
- Maintain accurate and current documentation in the students’ EHR’s
- Attending and participating in all PMT, Annual Review, and Behavioral meetings concerning their students; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- The School Social Worker arranges and facilitates school wide activities related to counseling and social issues (e.g.-assemblies, presentations, videos, outside community events, school events);
- Supervises graduate social work interns in the clinical program; and,
- Arranges and facilitate school wide activities related to counseling and social issues that better prepares the staff to work with the students.
- The School Social Worker upholds and enforces school policy and administrative procedures;
- The School Social Worker maintains appropriate work habits, including regular and punctual attendance;
- The School Social Worker participates in strategic planning efforts and any other activities that benefit the welfare of the students and school;
- The School Social Worker cooperates with the administration in planning and participating appropriate in-service training programs at the school or any other approved professional event; and,
- The School Worker respects the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents, and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics, and state and federal laws.
- New Jersey Certification as School Social Worker. LSW and/or LCSW preferred. Extensive experience working in schools and supporting children with emotional challenges;
- Extensive experience providing individual and group counseling, case management, and team integration;
- Extensive clinical experience with adolescents and families;
- Strong leadership skills, effective communication, effective consultation and familiarity with special education
Competitive Salaries and liberal benefits.
Send Application to: