GREATER EGG HARBOR REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
Full-Time Culinary Arts Instructor (Anticipated)
2019-2020 Tenure Track Position
Requirements: Must have NJ Career and Technical Education Teaching Certificate in Culinary Arts or Family and Consumer Science
- Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' knowledge and understanding of the world of culinary arts. Must maintain a learning environment where students are encouraged with a hands-on curriculum so students develop skills and knowledge to prepare for a culinary arts career.
- Develops and administers curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop unit organization around culinary arts to challenge students, and best utilizes the available time for instruction.
- Must be knowledgeable about relevant culinary arts trends, techniques and professional practices.
- Must communicate relevant, real-world experiences to the students..
- Develops students' research skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to make critical value judgments and contribute to the thoughtful exchange of ideas, through a variety of reading, writing, group discussion and presentation assignments to stimulate self-reliance in problem-solving and drawing conclusions.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.