QUALIFICATIONS: Certified by the State Board of Examiners in the State of New Jersey
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or his/her designee
JOB GOALS: To help each pupil develop competence in basic mathematical skills and an understanding of the structure of mathematics; to motivate each pupil to apply mathematical understanding and skills in the solution of practical problems; to encourage pupils to develop their special talents in the field of mathematics.
- Teaches content and skills in mathematics to pupils utilizing course of study, skill arrays and text material adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Designs learning activities that will relate mathematics to the physical world where appropriate.
3. Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
4. Encourages students to maintain standards of classroom behavior and self-discipline appropriate to learning.
5. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs of all students.
6. Implements by instruction and action the district’s instructional goals and objectives established and approved by both local and State Boards of Education in accordance with state educational laws to ensure optimum student progress.
7. Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
8. Evaluates student progress on a regular basis during each marking period and maintains accurate records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
9. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior in compliance with school and district policy, needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and building.
10.Attends and participates in faculty meetings and fulfills required duties.
11. Cooperates in the development of a working relationship with all members of the faculty and other members of the school community.
12. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
13. Participates in the construction and development of curriculum guides appropriate to one’s academic discipline.
14. Maintains a level of professional competence appropriate to the specific area of certification, assignment, and matters of general educational importance.
15. Prepares and maintains clear lesson plans to provide continuity of instruction.
16. Performs other related professional duties as required.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.