Substitute Bus Driver
JOB GOAL: To transport pupils in a safe and efficient manner and perform all activities related to the operation of the school bus.
1. Valid Commercial Driver's License with P and S endorsements
2. Minimum safe driving experience as determined by the board
3. Ability to maintain passenger discipline to ensure their safety and wellbeing and protect against vandalism
4. Required criminal history background check, physical, Mantoux and proof of U.S. citizenship or resident alien status
5. Compliance with drug and alcohol testing as required under board policy
6. Ability to meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform required duties
Safety, maintenance and inspection requirements
1. Conducts a pre-trip and post safety inspection of the bus and completes the school Bus Condition Report.
2. Notifies Transportation Coordinator of any mechanical malfunctions and/or safety hazards.
3. Performs interior bus cleaning duties daily, cleans windows and exterior as needed, refuels the vehicle, and checks oil daily.
4. Participates in emergency evacuation drills in accordance with administrative code and board policy, and instructs passengers regarding safety regulations and other bus rules.
Driving and safe bus operations
1. Complies with all state and local laws and the regulations of the New Jersey State Board of Education governing the safe operation of a school bus.
2. Adheres to established routes, designated bus stops and keeps to assigned time schedule.
3. Transports only authorized pupils and ensure that all students have left the bus at the end of the route.
4. Obeys all traffic laws and observes mandatory school bus safety regulations. Reports all accidents and pupil injuries immediately to the principal and Transportation Coordinator and completes required reports.
Apply online. We do not accept paper resumes, applications, faxes or emails. You must complete the online application to be considered for the position.
You may use the APPLY button.