- The Deal School is looking for a creative, energetic, and motivated educator to join our teaching staff as a grades 4-5 ELA teacher and Special Education Teacher. Teacher of Students with Disabilities certification/endorsement required. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the job, creative in their planning and instruction, possess the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and inspire students in their learning. Experience with Readers/Writers Workshop Model needed. This is a maternity leave replacement starting in April through the end of the school year.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Collect, utilize, and progress monitor available data to develop student learning goals and individualize student learning.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with parents.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience working with upper elementary school students.
- Appropriate NJ certifications required for elementary K-5 or middle school English.
- Familiar with the use of the Google Suite for Education programs preferred, not required
- Experience with Readers/Writers Workshop Model of instruction.
Interested candidates should send a lette of interest and resume to Donato Saponaro at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 5, 2021.