Middlesex County STEM Charter School is accepting applications for Spanish Teacher; a tenure track position.
- Provides content-related and appropriate instruction based on NJ Student Learning Standards;
- Provides classroom environment which promotes active learning in subject area;
- Exhibits knowledge of performance-based instruction and assessment;
- Communicates responsibly with students, parents, colleagues, and school leadership;
- Accounts for student attendance and punctuality;
- Follows all county, state, and federal policies and procedures;
- Follows professional ethics in all work-related activities;
- Prepares adequately for responsibilities to be assumed when absent;
- Works with parents/guardians in all aspects of the student’s educational programs;
- Facilitates home-school communication by such means as holding conferences, telephoning, and sending written communication;
- Integrates appropriate technology into classroom instruction;
- Avoids behaviors which detract from staff morale;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
- Proven communication and instructional strategies;
- Classroom management skills;
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Valid NJ CE, CEAS, or Standard Teacher Certification;
- NJ Criminal History letter;
- Work authorization in the U.S.;
Opportunities at MCSCS:
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance at a low cost;
- NJ state teachers’ pension plan (TPAF) enrollment;
- Tuition reimbursement assistance;
- Paid professional development opportunities;
- Opportunities for extra stipends.
$53,000.00 as starting salary.
Additional stipend for each year of teaching experience.
Additional stipend for graduate degree.