In our District, we put students first. Our vision: all Camden students will attend a high-quality school where they are valued, challenged, and prepared for college and careers that positively impact their community and the world. High-quality schools have a great teacher in every classroom, and are housed in safe, clean buildings equipped to meet the needs of 21st-century learners, with the support of an efficient and effective Central Office. All this is possible only with the right team members in place, working together with partners and the community to provide all students the academic, social, and emotional supports needed to succeed in school and beyond. Read more here.
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the position of Coordinator, School Safety
The Office of School Safety will support the vision for Camden City School District by ensuring that all students safely arrive to school, are in a learning environment that is safe and conducive to learning, and arrive back to their homes safely. Reporting to the Senior Director of School Safety, the Coordinator of School Safety is responsible for implementation of the vision and strategy that will guide the district’s facilities approach. The Coordinator, School Safety and Security will play an integral role in supporting the Office of School Safety and Security in monitoring and managing financial and operational documentation of safety and security.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Hold a high-school diploma (bachelor's degree preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years of professional-level experience in a large, urban school district or in a field related to facilities and operations management in K-12 educational setting
- Experience and familiarity with utilizing online data information systems to track and update data
- Comfort and familiarity with utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, Systems 3000
- Bilingual speaking a Plus
- A valid driver’s license as well as current insurance and vehicle with valid registration
- Required criminal history background clearance, physical, and proof of legal right to work in the U.S.
Role & Responsibilities
Major responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
Assists the Senior Director and Manager of School Safety and Security with the following:
- Create requisitions in Systems 3000
- Review all incoming invoices that are submitted for payment
- Track all invoices related to purchase orders
- Design and implement strong electronic filing and record-keeping systems to handle and process documents
- Schedule meetings, trainings, and events and handles all related preparation and logistics
- Creates and develops comprehensive reports using Excel as it relates to projects
- Liaison to all vendors as assigned
- Ensure contract management, timelines, and deliverables are met
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism for personnel and other related matters
- Create spreadsheet and inspection schedule to determine when district facilities will be inspected
- Manage Certificate of Compliance or Temporary Certificates/Service Contracts
- Assure the Certificates are distributed to schools as needed
- Writes/edits and manages internal and external communications
- Record keep and create weekly/ biweekly meetings with each contracted vendor to review account issues/concerns
- Serve as primary point person for outside vendors/contractors, handling in-person inquiries via phone calls & emails.
- Review all incoming invoices to assure work is completed & the billed amount is accurate.
- Assess invoices & create necessary reports by organizing compiled data
- Detailed oriented – Any and all Contracted Vendor and/or SDA contracted work
- Create spreadsheets and flow charts as it relates to Vendor history
- Review all submitted invoices from the vendor, cross references to service tickets, identifies, reports, and credits all misappropriated billing from vendors
- Work with accounts payable to acknowledge credits and payments
- Identify improvement needs for Contractor/Vendor as a whole
- Review incident reports as it relates to Fire and Building alarms
- Liaison to State, and local code officials as it relates to inspections
- Maintain Excel spreadsheet for parts inventory for vendors
An ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following and/or have experiences with:
- Extraordinary attention to detail, with a focus on quality checking work to ensure 100% accuracy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate and work with all levels of employees and teamwork skills including bilingual staff members
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to deliver work on time at all times for high-stakes, critical deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Desire to grow professionally and seek out new opportunities to learn
- Integrity and clarity in all communications and interactions
- Commitment to the success of all Camden students; specifically to raising the academic achievement of children in high-poverty communities
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and basic Web browsers and searches
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and take initiative
We are seeking individuals who will exemplify the district's core values:
- Respect and Humility: We serve our community by recognizing the strengths, experiences, and perspectives of others. We humbly recognize our own limitations and incorporate lessons we gain from our reflective practice.
- Evidence-based: We use evidence to inform decisions and to ensure that we are accountable to our students and families.
- Communication & Collaboration: We communicate openly and work collaboratively, recognizing that getting to the best possible decisions requires input from others. Honest communications build trust and establish a community that assumes the best intentions.
- Solutions-oriented: With respect for the complexity of this work and the history that precedes us, we focus on persistence, resourcefulness, and inclusiveness to drive toward solutions.
- Reports To: Senior Director, School Safety
- Evaluated By: Senior Director, School Safety
- Salary Range: Competitive based on qualifications and previous experience
- Employment Period: Twelve months, non-tenurable position
- Union Affiliation: Non-affiliated
THE CAMDEN CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
(Pending availability of funds and Superintendent’s approval)
- Full medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, including spouse, child and family coverage
- Mandatory enrollment in NJ Pension
- Optional pre-tax benefits available, including flexible spending accounts for childcare, healthcare and transportation
Starting Minimum Salary: $46,350
Starting MaximumMaximun Salary: $66,950