Interim Superintendent - Moorestown Township Public Schools
Burlington County, Moorestown, New Jersey
The Moorestown Township Board of Education seeks an interim superintendent who is a proven, results oriented, and exceptional educational leader with demonstrated administrative and decision-making skills. The ideal candidate should have the ability to manage the pandemic related impacts to our district and strategically plan for the expected full re-entry of schools this fall. The district serves approximately 4,000 students in grades Pre-K - 12 in six schools with an operating budget of approximately $77 million.
The successful candidate will be a highly visible, community oriented individual with exceptional interpersonal communication skills. In addition, it is expected that the selected candidate will work collaboratively with the Board, staff, student, parents and community.
1. Hold a standard New Jersey school administrative certificate Standard or a Certificate of Eligibility.
2. Have administrative experience as a principal and/or in a leadership role in and Administrative Office in a school district.
3. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of curriculum development and program evaluation, skills in leadership and human resource management, communications, quantitative and qualitative decision making, finance, educational law, school facilities goverment, community relations, and management of district operations.
4. Have a real understanding of the educational and operational impacts of the pandemic.
5. Ability to continue the advancement of equity throughout the district.
6. Support ongoing District-wide efforts to enhance our supportive, inclusive and positive culture.
7. Have integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
8. Ability to address the social, emotional and well-being of students and staff.
Salary commensurate with education and qualifications; subject to NJ State regulations.
Position expected to be from July 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
Extension may be necessary if a permanent candidate is not selected and contracted.
Deadline for receipt of all applications is 11:00 p.m., April 23, 2021.
To apply, go to: https://www.applitrack.com/mtps.onlineapp/default/aspx
Moorestown Township School District is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer