SUPERVISOR OF CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION/ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
The Arc Kohler School, Mountainside NJ is seeking a dynamic Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction/Assistant Principal to support their team of students and
- Prepare goals and objective summaries which encompass all areas of development and outline learning expectations and outcomes.
- Develop and update instructional materials including but not limited to curriculum guides, parent/student documents, and assessment instruments.
- Assure that curriculum materials provide guidance on physical environment needs including space utilization, materials and equipment needs, etc.
- Assure the curriculum aids in the achievement of social, emotional, physical and cognitive goals.
- Provide guidance in the selection of textbooks and other instructional materials and equipment for all classrooms.
- Support and work collaboratively with the Principal and all staff to effect horizontal and vertical continuity and articulation of the instructional program throughout the school.
- Provide ongoing instructional support and classroom management assistance for all teaching staff.
- Observe teachers as requested and provide immediate feedback on their progress.
- Plan and conduct teacher training programs and conferences dealing with new classroom procedures, instructional materials, equipment and teaching aids.
- Assure all State, local school districts and agency reports/documents are completed and submitted on time as assigned.
- Maintain positive employee/management relations, and develop an atmosphere that fosters employee morale.
- Provide for the coordination and integration of Educational Services with Early Intervention Services and Family Supports offered within and outside of The Arc of Union County.
- Attend community outreach events when required.
- Evaluate performance of assigned staff and provide developmental recommendations where required.
- Provide management oversight for all education programs assigned including ancillary and therapeutic services.
- Assure the implementation of comprehensive program services for all students and families in the educational programs.
- Monitor and assure compliance with all agency policies and standards as they apply to personnel, service delivery, staff and administrative requirements.
- Participate in the orientation, training and development of staff.
- Provide supervision and support to all assigned staff and other agency personnel as required.
Full suite of benefits to include: medical, dental, vision, life and 401k, paid time off and MORE!
The Arc Kohler School is a private school for students with developmental delays and disabilities. The school was founded in 1963 and is approved by
the New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE). Under the auspices of The Arc of Union County, Kohler School serves children from ages 3 to 21.
Education Requirements: Masters in Educational Leadership and Principal’s Certificate
Qualified applicants send resume to: Jkaufman@arckohlerschool.org