- Exemplify, advocate and operationalize the mission, vision and core values of the school
- Teach and reinforce all school-wide expectations, systems, and routines
- Create and/or implement rigorous lesson plans, with clear and measurable objectives
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement strategies for all students to reach success
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into meaningful learning experiences
- Teaches knowledge and skills in the Spanish language, including comprehension, grammar and syntax, sentence and paragraph structure, composition, vocabulary and proper word usage, and communication.
- Develops student understanding and appreciation of the cultures and mores of countries where the language is the predominant or a major means of communication.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Arrive at school each day by 7:15 a.m. and leave no earlier than 4:30 p.m.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Principal.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Qualifications and Certifications
- NJ State Spanish Standard Certification
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment
- Master’s Degree in related area preferred
- Firm belief in the ability of all students to achieve at high levels, and high expectations for low-income children to become college ready and attend selective universities
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, particularly with parents and community members
- Self-reflective and analytical problem solver
- Openness to feedback, willingness to take personal responsibility, and a desire to learn from others
- Unwavering in pursuit of excellence even in the face of difficult opposition and challenges
- Application Process:
- Candidates wishing to apply should send a resume and cover letter explaining the basis of their interest and relevant experience to
You may use the APPLY button.