RIVERDALE PUBLIC SCHOOL 21-22
ESL Teacher Full-Time Position
- Provide ELL push in and/or pull out instruction to students in grades K-8
- Assist in administering required language proficiency and academic achievement tests for determining placement for students in all grade levels, along with ongoing monitoring of student progress.
- Maintain a database of ELL and ELL-eligible students.
- Assist in developing language acquisition support plans (ELL plans) for all ELL students and work with classroom teachers to implement plans.
- Assist in compiling and maintaining a profile summary (record of achievement and progress) for each student.
- Assist in gathering and reporting data for reporting requirements and other required reports.
- Engage parents and families in their student’s learning and acting as an ambassador for the school in the community.
- New Jersey ESL Certification required
- Knowledge of New Jersey ELL requirements and guidelines, WIDA Standards, and ELL Education.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish desired, but not required.
- Be committed to meeting the needs of, and advocating for, a diverse student population.