ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses academic proficiency and learning characteristics of each student referred to the child study team for evaluation and interprets the findings in written reports and in formal conferences
- Interview students, parents, teachers and/or appropriate staff members.
- Observation of students.
- Fulfill the required duties of a LDTC including case management.
- Make recommendations based on findings.
- Assist in determining appropriate educational goals - long and short term.
- Confer with the appropriate teacher(s) to jointly write an I.E.P. appropriate to the student's needs.
- Meet with student's parent(s)
- Review and implement procedures for referral of students with perceived special educational needs.
- Serve as a referral consultant for instructional needs when requested by building principal.
New Jersey LDTC certification required
- Evidence of knowledge of special education programming and experience working with students with exceptional needs.
- Strong knowledge of NJ special education regulations and compliance policies/procedures
- Strong knowledge of instructional strategies for students with disabilities
- Excellent verbal and written skills in communicating with diverse audiences.
- Experience managing assessment data.
- Openness to feedback, and willingness to take responsibility for student success.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional comportment. ? Attention to detail.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Board of Trustees.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard office equipment such as; personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Standard full-time work schedule as put forth in the contract. Attends professional meetings as required.