Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
INTERIM SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
Nature and Scope of Job:
- New Jersey School Administrator Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility as a School Administrator required
- Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent experience, preferred
- Successful PreK-12 teaching, supervisory and administrative experience
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work successfully with all educational stakeholders
- Knowledge of the eight principles of Turnaround Schools and Improvement
- A commitment to excellence for all students
The Interim Superintendent of Schools shall serve as Chief Executive and Administrative Officer of the district by implementing policies established by the Board of Education and by discharging the duties imposed on his/her office by law. The Interim Superintendent of Schools shall report directly to the Board and shall directly or indirectly supervise all persons employed by the Board.
Leadership and management responsibilities of the Interim Superintendent shall extend to all activities of the district, to all phases of the educational program, to all aspects of the financial operation, to all parts of the physical plant, and to the conduct of such other duties as may be assigned by the board. The
Interim Superintendent may delegate these duties together with appropriate authority, but may not delegate nor relinquish ultimate responsibility for results or any portion of accountability.
Only candidates of interest will be contacted for an interview.