About High Point Schools
CPC's High Point Schools are Department of Education approved private, non-profit schools serving students in kindergarten through 12th grade, ages 5 to 21, who learn best outside of the traditional school setting. Our students often experience developmental and learning disabilities as well as other psychiatric disorders.
Why are High Point Schools different? The staff-to-student ratio is one teaching staff to three students. Class sizes are limited to 12. Our 1:3 ratio means that each child's individual educational plan is thoughtfully carried out. High Point Schools combine a comprehensive academic curriculum with evidence based positive behavior supports and a wide array of therapeutic services to promote a positive and effective learning environment. Our team creates a safe environment for students and includes: psychiatrists, nurses, teachers and teaching assistants, licensed clinical social workers, and crisis intervention specialists.
You love working with kids of all ages. You understand that people ask for help in different ways and can adapt to provide the support a child needs – because you take the time to build relationships and serve as a calming, but authoritative presence. While you have your own special recipe for making lemonade out of lemons, and you understand what it means to be strong and soft, you also appreciate the support of a team – YOUR team. And maybe, just maybe, your family/friends have a little chuckle when you tell them, “safety first,” as they leave for work or school. You are looking for a hands-on role, with periods of down time broken up by calls for quick-to-action response. If this sounds like you, then we hope you will read on and apply.
About the Role
In the School Aide - Student Safety role, you will support faculty, staff, and students ranging from ages 5 to 21, as part of the “SAFE” team within High Point Schools. You will develop professional, supportive relationships with HPS students to help ensure a safe and positive school environment. You will also complete paperwork to document your interactions with students. Upon completion of our company-provided skills training, you will use verbal and physical techniques to support students who are experiencing emotional, social, and/or behavioral difficulties, that can create unsafe and/or disruptive situations in the school program. You will be an active participant in the ongoing training provided to you. After a successful tenure with HPS, you may be asked to complete a training certification so that you can train others!
This is a hands-on, direct support professional role. Individuals who have worked in group home settings and/or childcare are encouraged to apply.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience remaining calm while working in high stress situations
- Experience working directly with children (ages may vary)
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to work in a fast paced, active environment
- Ability to be on your feet all day and be physically active
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs
- Valid NJ driver's license in good standing
Nice to have, but not required
Bachelor's degree is a plus
- Experience using verbal and physical de-escalation techniques with children and adolescents, is a big plus!
About Our Benefits
High Points Schools & CPC offer comprehensive benefits to promote health and financial security for you and your family:
- Competitive hourly pay, based on experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional Supplemental Polices for accidental and critical illness
- Tax-Deferred 403B Retirement Plan w/ employer match after 6 months of service
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts offers for cell phone service, entertainment/travel/shopping, child care, and much more!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care)
- Credit Union
- Employee Assistance Program