- Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' skills and competence in the fields of computer science and technologies; develops students skills and abilities in research, design and problem-solving, as well as an understanding of the application of creating solutions to practical problems.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in one or more fields of computer science related to software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, GAFE, video creation/editing, photo creation/editing, 3D design, introductory programming, and robotics, in accordance with district curriculum.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials for subject area, and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Designs learning activities to foster inquiry and facilitate project-based learning for middle school students.
- Maintains familiarity with district and New Jersey State standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment, maintains inventory records, and ensures equipment is in good working order.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
- Uses of industrial tools such as drill press, jig saws, table saws, sanders, and various hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, chisels, pliers, soldering iron, etc.
- Use of computer based tools such as laptops, desktop computers, cameras, 3D printers, block-based programing, etc.