Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
TRENTON BOARD OF EDUCATION
1. High School diploma or equivalent G.E.D.
2. Demonstrate excellent secretarial skills, general bookkeeping skills, organizational and filing skills and the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual presentations, and telecommunications.
3. Minimum of three years of successful experience in a related secretarial or office position, or be a graduate of a recognized program of secretarial studies.
4. Be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite in order to complete clear and concise business letters, as well as to prepare statistical and other reports.
5. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
6. Demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality.
7. Demonstrate good moral character, initiative and integrity.
8. Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community, including difficult and emotional situations.
9. Meet such alternatives to the above qualifications as the superintendent or designee may find appropriate.
1. Organizes and maintains an efficient and effective office that handles a variety of tasks related to the administration, faculty, students, and parents of the school/department.
2. Performs secretarial and clerical tasks of a varied nature.
3. Greets visitors and answers telephone calls in a pleasant and efficient manner, communicating effectively in routine, sensitive, and confidential matters.
4. Arranges appointments and maintains schedules for the administrator(s).
5. Registers new students (if applicable,) secures appropriate student records, maintains confidential student records, and transfer records for students moving to other schools.
6. Maintains attendance data for staff members, recording attendance, absences, substitutes, and other required information. Prepares attendance reports, coordinated with payroll data, as required.
7. Maintains attendance data for students, recording attendance, absences and other required information. Prepares reports as required.
8. Assists in the preparation of reports and documents by creating graphics, displays, using word processing and data management, creating an attractive presentation, copying, collating, and distributing final products.
9. Maintains ledgers and accounts as directed by immediate supervisor including financial records, minutes, memoranda, reports and other office documents as required.
10. Reconciles financial reports.
11. Orders and maintains supplies.
12. Creates and maintains a clean, attractive, orderly, safe and efficient office environment
13. Continues to grow through collaboration with fellow staff members and participation in appropriate staff development and workshop programs.
14. Performs any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by the supervising administrator or designee, and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
EMPLOYMENT: Twelve (12) month position
SALARY: In accordance with TESA Contract
STATUS: Hourly Salaried X
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with the Board's policies and procedures on the evaluation of non-instructional personnel.
BOARD APPROVAL: April 25, 2016