Middle School Spanish Teacher Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1) Curriculum & Instruction
- Demonstrating solid knowledge and understanding of the content matter.
- Establishing, communicating, and demanding high expectations for student learning, and quality of work.
- Executing detailed lesson plans mapped to a year-long academic plan to address learning needs.
- Track and analyze student data to identify student learning needs and set ambitious, attainable goals for student progress.
- Planning and implementing strategies to achieve targets related to student learning outcomes.
- Working collaboratively with the principal and other teachers to develop and revise curriculum based on assessment data.
3) Classroom Environment
- Maintaining an efficient, respectful and positive tone in your classroom.
- Ensuring that all students are on task at all times during a lesson.
- Clearly enforcing and emphasizing school rules, values and expectations.
Middle School Spanish Teacher Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive college or university. GPA must meet minimum requirements for NJ DOE certification.
- Demonstrated mastery of content knowledge and ability to drive student growth.
- Evidence of NJ Department of Education certification (CE/CEAS/Provisional/Standard) or out of state certification.