Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Anticipated Vacancy for the 2019-2020 School Year
Supervisor of Pupil Transportation
- Organizes assigned work and develops effective work methods.
- Gives assignments/instructions to subordinates.
- Prepares clear, sound, accurate, and informative reports.
- Plans the schedules of all bus routes for the safe transportation of handicapped and other children to their appointed schools.
- Develops, plans, and conducts the transportation training programs for children and assigned personnel.
- Investigates and attempts to settle all complaints.
- Inspects vehicles to note whether any vehicle is in need of repair and whether safety provisions and sanitary conditions meet prescribed standards.
- Establishes and maintains records and files.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Appointees will be required to possess a drivers license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
- Must possess a valid CDL license
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience in the operation of a pupil transportation system.