Alphabets Preschool Center is seeking a qualified applicant to assume the role of
Preschool Paraprofessional/Teacher Assistant of a 3-4 year old class.
Minimum of an AA degree is REQUIRED.
Alphabets Preschool Center is a community provider for the Asbury Park School District for preschool classes ages 3-5.
It is helpful if applicants are familiar with DOE guidelines and New Jersey Teaching Standards for early childhood.
Hours: 8:15-3:45 September through June. (may vary slightly to accommodate arrival and departure for students)
Must be willing to work during the summer months of July and August for our Summerfest Camp program.
Hours will vary.
Salary: Commensurate with the Asbury Park School District Teacher Paraprofessional/ Teacher Assistant salary scale.
Step 1 for the 2022-2023 school year is $ 35,000.
This salary is for a 6.5 hour day. Any additional hours worked over that 6.5 hours are paid at an hourly rate.
Health benefits are offered for this position.
Position starts immediately.
Alphabets Preschool Center offers a non-traditional setting with open space classrooms and innovative practices.
- A minimum of an AA in any area.
- Knowledge of early childhood best practices and classroom management
- Able to assist in planning for both a 3-4 year old classroom and a 4-5 classroom.
- Knowledge of Creative Curriculum a plus
- Experienced working with preschool age students 3-5
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff, administration and families
- Spanish speaker a plus
No phone calls please.
Include best contact information.