FULL-TIME INSTRUCTIONAL PARAPROFESSIONAL
To assist the special education student at the direction of the teacher by providing instructional, behavioral and clerical support in achieving the objectives of the student's individual educational plan.
1. Minimum 60 college credits.
2. Experience working with disabled children desirable.
3. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
Director of Special Education and/or the Building Principal.
1. To contribute positively to a classroom atmosphere that is conductive to learning.
2. To assist, under a teacher/consultant direction, in the collection and administration of behavior management systems.
3. Maintains accurate and complete records to document a student's daily progress towards IEP goals and objectives.
4. Provide one-on-one reinforcement activities on the drills (objectives) established for the student by the teacher/consultant.
5. Maintains written and oral communication with the teacher/consultant concerning all aspects of a student's program and schedule.
6. Alerts the teacher/consultant to any problem or special information about an individual student.
7. To respect the confidentiality of pupil records and communicate student progress or needs to the consulting the teacher, CST case manager, or administration (ethical conduct).
8. To participate in in-service programs or training workshops when requested.
9. To perform other reasonable and relevant duties as determined by the applicable IEP, classroom teacher, administration or Board of Education.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Ten months with salary and work year determined by the Board of Education in compliance with NJAC 6:28 - 4.2.
Salary for F/T = $25,000 + health benefits. (SY2022-2023)
Director of Special Education and/or Building Principal.