Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Title: SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
A substitute teacher must be fully certified according to the requirements set forth by the Department of Education of the State of New Jersey. Must possess the ability to maintain effective relationships with students, parents, peers and administration. Must be skilled in oral and written communication. Ability to perform duties with awareness of District requirements and Board of Education policies.
Under the guidance of the Building Principal, implements the daily instructional plans of the classroom teacher in an effective manner. Maintains a class environment favorable to learning and maintains proper classroom management.
Performs other duties as assigned by the administration or required for the effective implementation of District goals, objective, programs and policies.
- Implements the instructional plans prepared by the teacher. When in long-term placement, creates instructional plans in accordance with the district curriculum.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Maintains a classroom climate that is conducive to learning.
- Maintains reasonable rules of conduct which encourage self-discipline and responsibility.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures as established by the board of Education and Administration in written or verbal form.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains records as required by law, District policy and administrative regulations.
- Serves as a positive role model for students, demonstrating professionalism that includes a positive attitude, positive and respectful communication and professional appearance.
- Meets accepted standards of professional behavior.
- Communicates effectively with parents when needed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and work year to be determined by the Board of Education.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with New Jersey state law and the Board’s policy on evaluations for certificated staff.
Agenda Approved: May 5, 2016 H-2016-8