QUALIFICATIONS: Certified by the State Board of Examiners in the State of New Jersey
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or his/her designee
JOB GOALS: To help students realize the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation and/or to help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to making them self-sufficient as responsible individuals.
1. Demonstrates a commitment to the continuing development of professional skills and knowledge (e.g., by attending staff development programs, courses, seminars, study groups, district wide programs/committees/task forces).
2. Teaches content, skills and established proficiencies utilizing appropriate curriculum guides/courses of study, text materials (adopted by the Board of Education) and other innovative approaches as developed by the teacher consistent with the district educational goals and objectives.
3. Develop and maintain a classroom climate conducive to effective learning, which includes maintaining student discipline and promoting the development of a positive self-image.
4. Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
5. Prepares and maintains clear instructional plans to provide continuity of instruction.
6. Evaluates student progress on a regular basis during each marking period and maintains accurate records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
7. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss student progress and to encourage parental participation in the student’s learning process.
8. Utilizes, when and where appropriate, the assistance of district instructional support services (e.g., Guidance, Child Study Team, school nurse/attendance officer) and/or appropriate community agencies.
9. Participates in the construction, development and evaluation of curriculum guides appropriate to ones academic discipline and/or grade level assignment.
10. Performs other related professional duties as required, but consistent with the educational mission of the district.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.