Elementary Teacher - 5th Grade Math and Science
K-8 Independent public charter school in Newark, NJ is seeking candidates for an elementary opening with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education
- Valid New Jersey K-6 Teacher Standard Certificate, Certificate of Eligibility, or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing
- Experience with Teachers College Reading and Writing Units of Study and/or workshop model (preferred)
- Experience with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Math In Focus and/or Go Math curricula (preferred)
- Comprehensive knowledge of classroom management techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills to form relationships with students, staff, and parents
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:This is a 10-month full-time position that is annually renewable in accordance to New Horizons Community approved policies and procedures. The typical work day is from 7:40 AM to 3:40 PM.
COMPENSATION:Salary recommended by the Chief School Administrator and established by the Board of Trustees.
EVALUATION:Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy.
New Horizons Community Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected by law.