The East Rutherford Board of Education is currently accepting resumes for the following position:
SCHOOL NURSE (September 1, 2021)
Full-Time, 10 month position
Full benefits package – Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
The East Rutherford School District has an opening for a Full-Time School Nurse for the 2021-2022 school year. The School Nurse will promote health and safety in the school environment and provide health services to students, faculty and staff to assist with the teaching of sound health practices.
- Works in cooperation with the school physician and other health professionals.
- Conduct health services and screening programs as required by law and/or board policies.
- Schedules and supervises health surveys of students and staff. Assists the school physician with physical examinations and makes referrals and conducts follow-up activities as necessary.
- Provides emergency care in case of sudden illness and administers first-aid in case of injury to students or staff according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintains up-to-date health records on all students.
- Develops and maintains the annual School Nursing Plan in conjunction with the Chief School Administrator.
- Prepares health and safety reports as required by law.
- Maintains and requests orders for equipment/supplies for the nurse’s office and first aid station.
- As well as, other duties as outlined in the School Nurse job description.
- Must possess a Valid New Jersey School Nurse Certificate
- Possesses a current license as a registered professional nurse in New Jersey
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or resident alien status
Please forward letter of interest, resume and proof of certification by May 7, 2021 to:
Mr. Giovanni A. Giancaspro, Superintendent of Schools
East Rutherford Public Schools
100 Uhland Street
East Rutherford, NJ 07073