This role is eligible for up to $2,000 for relocation expenses!
In joining Mastery as an English Teacher you will work with your students to foster their development in critical thinking, questioning, critiquing, and understanding the written word. It is well-documented that the opportunity gap in the United States is a literacy gap and by taking on the mantle of an English Teacher you will work daily to set our students up for long-term success and ensure they get a world-class education.
Starting in 7th Grade and continuing through 12th Grade our students engage in thematic units while learning to comprehend and analyze complex grade-level texts as required by the Common Core State Standards. Students read, analyze, and write about nonfiction, literature, and poetic texts. Your passion for literature and language arts will spur your students to discover their own voices, better understand their world, and interpret and process the feelings and experiences they live.
At Mastery we value Continuous Improvement and want you to learn and grow in your craft. We utilize a team of Assistant Principals, central-office coaches, and school-based content teams to provide every teacher coaching and feedback. We have professional development or peer collaboration time built into our calendar every Wednesday (when students are dismissed early). You will receive more than 250 hours of professional development annually and have a professional development allowance to use to further your growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive student achievement and set high expectations for all students
- Commit to professional growth, self-reflection, a receptiveness to feedback, and a desire to continuously improve
- Implement rigorous and appropriate lesson plans, assignments, and assessments in cooperation with Mastery school-based leadership and curricular resources developed by Mastery’s central office Academic Team
- Work closely with school leaders to analyze student assessment data to measure progress and use data to inform instruction
- Collaborate in grade level teams to discuss student work, share best practices, plan events for joy and humor, and ensure student mastery of standards
- Engage families in their children’s education by building relationships and maintaining regular communication
- Demonstrate genuine interest, belief, and care for students’ personal and academic success
- Respond positively and effectively to challenges with a solutions-oriented resiliency
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a record of personal, professional, and/or academic achievement
- Teacher certification - completed or in process
- Demonstrated expertise in subject area
- Outstanding instructional skills driven by data and delivered through rigorous and engaging strategies