PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND HEALTH TEACHER
The Phoenix Center’s purpose is to provide a well-integrated, educational and therapeutic program focusing on the development of the whole child and his/her family. We are a special and gifted group of individuals. Our staff creates customized and individualized programs for our students whose learning profile may not “fit” into other special education settings. The reason we exist is to care for, educate and empower our students and graduates so that they may develop skills which will maximize their adaptation to adulthood.
Teach Health and Physical Education classes for students in grades K-12
- Help students learn effectively and skillfully---exercises, games, sports and dances which they may use in active life situations.
- Increase the students’ understanding of voluntary movement and the ways in which individuals may organize their own movements to accomplish tasks common in daily life.
- Provide differentiated instruction to meet the needs of the diverse learners of the school.
- Incorporate standards-based physical education goals and objectives into students IEP’s.
- Provide weekly health classes to enhance the health and daily life skills of the students as well as meet the New Jersey Student Learning Standards.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university with physical education/health emphasis.
- NJ Teacher of Health/Physical Education certificate
- Experience with individuals with autism and multiple disabilities a plus.
You may use the APPLY button.