Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
- Foster a nurturing and trusting academic environment
- Implement the New Jersey Learning Standards in the delivery of daily academic instruction
- Establish clear objectives that reflect the standards
- Develop learning activities and use differentiated instruction to address the various types of learners
- Use varied assessments to drive instruction
- Document and track student performance
- Utilize technology effectively in daily lessons, including gathering and managing student data as required by the district and school administrator
- Exhibit structured classroom management
- Highly motivated result-driven educator
- Hold New Jersey Teacher Certifications: Teacher of Biology, Chemistry, or Physical Science, Teacher of
- Bilingual/Bicultural Education, Teacher of English as a Second Language
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and English, both orally and in writing, with students, staff, parents, administrators and the community.
- Familiarity with the use of instructional technology as well as differentiated instruction
- Knowledge of effective/creative instructional strategies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with colleagues both inside and outside of the Science Department
Working Conditions: Hackensack High School
Salary: As per HBOE/HEA Agreement
Application Process: Apply Online via AppliTrack. All certifications must be included with the AppliTrack application to be eligible for the position.
Selection Procedure: Applications will be reviewed, followed by interviews and demonstration lessons. The final candidate will be recommended to the Superintendent for Board approval.