Math | STEM | STEAM Teacher
We are seeking a dynamic teacher who can provide STEM/STEAM instruction for our K-5th grade students, co-teach middle school math, and assist in teaching high school pre-algebra, algebra, and precalculus/calculus. If you love STEM | STEAM and Math, and enjoy enhancing curriculum with the use of manipulative and real-life examples, we are looking for YOU.
The ideal candidate meets the following requirements:
- A professional team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to embrace classroom duties including supporting and collaborating with colleagues, working one to one and in small groups with students, providing direct instruction, creating curriculum, and documenting children’s learning using a digital portfolio.
- Interest in working in a mixed age classroom where differentiated instruction provides the best atmosphere for all of our students.
- A caring and patient demeanor with students and the ability to inspire!
- Classroom experience. We will consider certified and noncertified teachers.
- Ability to welcome students and families and take on operational responsibilities, which are typical in a small school atmosphere.
We are looking for a teacher who is passionate and excited about the newest ideas in STEM | STEAM and is a self-identified math geek. We hope for someone who can keep a well-oiled and organized STEAM Lab that is conducive to learning. A lover of the outdoors would be an added benefit but not a requirement. If this sounds like you, please provide a resume with a letter of interest today.
Voyagers’ Community School is located in Eatontown, New Jersey, in Monmouth County. The school, opened in 2004, is inspired by John Dewey, Maria Montessori, Reggio Emilia Schools and others, Voyagers’ offers a progressive, constructivist teaching and learning environment where children are seen as powerful, resourceful and competent and the whole child is understood to be essential and fully recognized. Voyagers’ Community School is among 2,800 schools across the United States and in nearly 100 countries, accredited by the Middle States Association. www.VoyagersCommunitySchool.org