- Supports and assists the classroom teacher in implementing the goals and objectives of the Principle Academy Charter Curriculum and Philosophy; willingly leads classroom activities as directed by the classroom teacher; assist the classroom teacher in creating smooth transitions from one activity to another; assists the classroom teacher in the preparation of materials and activities for the classroom.
- Executives appropriate and positive discipline strategies in the classroom when directed by the classroom teacher; assist in the supervision of students during lunch, recess, when students are entering or leaving buses, or while otherwise on school premises, including duty with extended day before and/or after regular school hours within the duty day as directed by the classroom teacher or administrator; applies school and classroom rules consistently and effectively; utilizes preventive discipline when directed by the classroom teacher; motivates and engages students; communication expectations to students clearly; establishes and maintains a positive classroom environment conducive to learning; manages emergency situations confidently and calmly; supervises students within the school setting and on school grounds
- Strives to meet the individual needs of all children in each area of development including their physical, emotional, social, and intellectual needs; motivates students to perform well and respond promptly to student needs; maintains positive relations with the classroom teacher, colleague, administration, and staff; inspires respect and trust; maintains a positive attitude; follows instructions; responds to management direction; requests support as needed
- Demonstrate commitment to the organization; adheres to school policies and procedures; meets attendance and punctuality guidelines; demonstrate a commitment to quality; contributes personal skills, talent, and experiences to enhance the classroom; communicates effectively with the classroom teacher, parents, and other staff members; maintains the tidiness of the classroom and workspace
- Meets set objectives; meets commitments especially when they impact others; take responsibilities for own actions; requires minimum supervision and direction; identifies problems promptly and offers alternative solutions; uses resource efficiently and effectively; communicates to the classroom teacher regarding any all areas of concern regarding students; escalates to the Director if necessary.
- The employee must see and hear on a continues basis as well as speak frequently. Positions vary from standing, sitting, walking, etc. over smooth or uneven surfaces
- Must meet all employment requirements including, but not limited to, federal and state education and certification requirements, reference checks, and criminal background checks.
- Workday (length, etc.)
- Term (10 months)
- Non-Exempt, Full time
You may use the APPLY button.