High School English Teacher
Leave Replacement Position
May 1 - June 22, 2021
Hillcrest Academy – South Campus
Westfield, New Jersey
Union County Educational Services Commission is a public school district in Westfield, NJ that was established to provide cost-effective educational programs and services for the twenty-one school districts located in Union County.
The Commission is currently seeking a Teacher of English to fill a leave-replacement position at Hillcrest Academy – South Campus, an alternative high school developed to provide highly supportive and individualized instruction to academic, socially and emotionally at-risk students unable to meet success in a traditional educational environment. All instruction is currently provided via remote learning (Google Classroom/Google Meet). Applicants must be willing to provide traditional classroom instruction in the event that Hillcrest Academy shifts to a hybrid learning model.
Candidates are invited to visit the district website at www.ucesc.org for additional information about Hillcrest Academy - South Campus and the stringent health/safety protocols implemnted in all Commission schools.
* May 15 - June 22, 2021
* Monday - Friday, 8:20 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.
* Competetive Per-Diem Salary
* Bachelor's Degree from Accredited College or University in English, Education and/or other related fields of study
* Valid Teacher of English Certification (CE, CEAS, Standard) issued by the NJ Department of Education
* Candidates with Special Education endorsement given preferential consideration
* Successful Instructional, Classroom Management and Interpersonal Skills
* Experience working in urban education and/or alternative high school settings preferred
Please complete the online application in its entirety to be considered for an interview.
Thank you for your interest!