Title: Substitute School Nurse-District Level
Reports To: Nursing Coordinator
Qualifications: 1. New Jersey Registered Nurse License
- Required Criminal History background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal alien status
Job Goal: To provide professional expertise in recommending and delivering appropriate health services to non-public students.
Duties and Performance Responsibilities:
- Assists with medical examinations, including dental screenings of students in a timely manner.
- Conducts hearing and vision screenings.
- Conducts examinations of pupils between the ages of 10 and 18 for scoliosis.
- Maintains current student health records, and notifies local or county health officials of any student who has not been properly immunized.
- Completes an annual report on the immunization status of students for submission to the State Department of Health.
- Notifies parents of health concerns/screenings in a timely manner.
- Reviews health concerns with students, parents and staff.
- Makes referrals for medical treatment for pupils with special health needs.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Completes monthly reports which accurately reflect activities.
- Implements health services as required by current state laws.
- Dispenses medication to students as prescribed by physician.
- Performs such other duties as deemed necessary by the Supervisor of Non-public Programs.
Terms of Employment:
Daily Rate and work year to be determined by need
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.