Notre Dame has an opening for a Full-time English/Film Studies and Film Production Teacher.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Film
- State Certification as a teacher is preferred
Notre Dame’s Mission: Notre Dame High School, a ministry of the Diocese of Trenton, is a dynamic, diverse Catholic community dedicated to educating young women and men to realize their full potential through a faith-filled environment, a challenging college-preparatory program, extensive co-curricular activities and a commitment to citizenship and service in the community.
Notre Dame’s Vision: Notre Dame High School will be widely regarded as a Catholic educational community that develops leaders, scholars, athletes and artists who possess the knowledge, vision, skills, moral character and energetic spirit needed to serve our global society.
Class Format: At Notre Dame High School, each student is known, and the results of student progress are carefully monitored. Notre Dame maintains restrictions on class size and overall teacher-student ratio, to ensure individual attention. Because Notre Dame employs a modified block scheduling model, the school year mirrors academic years at college with classes running by semester rather than by whole year.
- Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards;
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior;
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards;
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues;
- Participate in annual compliance training; and
- Participate in English department and full faculty meetings and in-service days;
- All new teachers to Notre Dame are provided with a mentor teacher and are enrolled in our New Teacher program, which provides monthly support.
- Teachers are encouraged to take professional development courses and workshops on differentiated assessment and to implement varied techniques in their classes.
- Full benefits – including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, flex spending account, 403b matching retirement plan, supplemental insurances including voluntary life, hospital insurance, wellness benefit, critical illness, additional life insurance and short term disability coverage, financial support for graduate study, employee assistance program, Mercer County NJ teachers federal credit union, tuition reduction for faculty/staff children who attend ND High School, among others.
See our website for more information: https://www.ndnj.org/
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send resume & cover letter to Judy Duff at email@example.com and Lisa Lenihan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A background and fingerprint report will be conducted and submitted to State authorities as required by law for all personnel working within a school environment.
Must be willing to undergo Catholic Diocese VIRTUS certification.
Notre Dame High School is an equal opportunity employer to the extent that it is not called to act in a manner contrary to the teachings of the Catholic Church or to diminish its rights as a religious organization. Notre Dame High School reserves the right to determine whether and under what circumstances priority should be given to Catholics for certain employment positions. All employees are prohibited from performing, teaching, or advocating in the workplace any practices of doctrines which are inconsistent with religious tenets of the Catholic faith.