Union County Educational Services Commission
Union County Educational Services Commission is a public school district that was established to provide innovative and cost-effective educational programs for students with special needs, parents and staff members of our 21 member districts. The Commission is currently seeking a High School Special Education Teacher to fill a full-time vacancy at the New Point Specialty Program. This experienced individual will provide instruction in a self-contained setting to high school students with significant emotional and behavioral disabilities residing in an intensive residential treatment program at Trinitas Regional Medical Center in Elizabeth, New Jersey.
Westfield, New Jersey
Special Education Teacher (High School)
New Point Speciality Program
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Full-Time Public School Teaching Position
* 8:20 - 2:40 p.m., Monday - Friday
* Full-Time, 10-Month Position
* Comprehensive Medical Benefits
* NJ State Pension Enrollment
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* Professional Development Opportunities
* Competitive Public School Salary
* Valid NJDOE Teacher of the Handicapped Certificate or Teacher of Students with Disabilities AND High School Content Certification
* Prior experience teaching seconardary education in public or private schools strongly preferred
* Prior experience working with adolescents with emotional and/or behavioral disabilities strongly preferred
* Highly effective organizational, interpersonal, time-management and communication skills
Qualified candidates are invited to complete the online application in its entirety to be considered for an interview.
Thank you for your interest!