SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ. The Lenape Valley Regional High School District is searching for its next Superintendent. Located in beautiful southern Sussex County, Lenape Valley serves approximately 700 students in grades 9-12 in a single building. The District employs a staff of 150, and provides its educational programs via a budget of $17 million.
The successful candidate will be a passionate advocate for public education, committed to providing the students of Byram, Netcong, and Stanhope with a superior high school experience. The new Superintendent will build on the highly valued traditions of LVRHS and will move the school district forward with a clear vision for what young people can achieve as students and graduates of Lenape Valley.
The Board requires an exceptional communicator, one who will optimize relationships with all community stakeholder groups, and be well-known to students and families. Lenape Valley Regional High School prides itself on its arts, theatre, STEM, and athletic programs, and the Board is committed to providing innovative programming for its students.
- NJ School Administrator Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility required
- Superintendent or principal experience strongly preferred
- Three to five years minimum classroom teaching experience required
- High school experience preferred
The next Superintendent of LVRHS will possess
- A team-building mindset, and experience in building community and stakeholder support;
- A strong motivation to help teachers succeed in the classroom, and to develop teacher leaders among all of our dedicated staff;
- A strong skill set in using and analyzing data for short- and long term planning;
- An authentic understanding of the optimal usage of technology to advance the student learning experience; and
- A track record of fiscal responsibility.
Position available: July 1, 2021 or thereafter
Application Deadline: April 15, 2021
Salary is competitive with experience and State of New Jersey guidelines.
Apply online: https://www.njsba.org/jobs/superintendent-3/
Kathleen Helewa, Search Consultant
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
New Jersey School Boards Association
For inquiries call: 609-695-7600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org