The Northern Region Educational Services Commission is in search of a Full-Time, Science Teacher for the Alternative School Program located in Passaic, NJ for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Candidate must have NJDOE Teaching Certificate: any Science Subject with Biology preferred
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Criminal History background check
- Proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status
- Coordinate classroom tasks as outlined by the building principal
- Work to achieve the New Jersey Learning Standards and educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom using appropriate learning activities
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials, and provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Set specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans; and carry through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives
- Meet with parents to discuss their children’s progress and to determine priorities for their children and their individualized educational needs
- Maintain professional competence by participating in staff development activities, curriculum development meetings, and other professional opportunities; and
- Any duties or responsibilities assigned by the Building Principal or his/her designee
For immediate consideration, please send a letter of interest, resume and a copy of your license to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer