QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Valid New Jersey Instructional Certification and/or
Subject Matter Specialization Endorsement or eligibility.
- Demonstrates knowledge of effective teaching
methods and developmentally appropriate classroom
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Required criminal history background check and proof
of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL
- Instructs to achieve state core curriculum content standards and district educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning and skills development in the classroom. Teaches pupils through an approved course of study using board-adopted curricula, textbooks and other appropriate teaching methods.
- Following the district format develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives.
- By analyzing individual, class and school-wide student data, assesses, develops plans of action to drive instruction and monitors pupil academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
- Maintains records of pupil’s educational progress in class record books and/or board approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Plans and uses class time effectively to maximize instructional opportunities.
- Communicates effectively with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
- Devises written and oral assignments and tests that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts.
11 Plans class activities and lesson presentations that are age-appropriate for the class and meet the individual needs, interests and ability levels of all pupils.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities as assigned.
- Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through in-service education and other professional growth activities.
- Participates in school-level planning, faculty meetings/committees and other school and district groups.
- Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
- Maintains appropriate documentation.
- Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.