TITLE: COUNSELOR-IN-TRAINING FOR THE COMMUNITY SCHOOL
1. High School Student (must be at least 15 years old)
- Must provide own transportation
- Positive attitude, confidentiality, sense of humor and flexibility
- Ability to communicate with children
- Concern for children
- Patience with children
- Ability to lead/participate in games with children
- Vigor and vitality
- Proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status
- Required criminal history background check for students 18 years old and older
- Required Mantoux test
Assigned Lead Counselor and/or Counselor
To provide assistance to the certified and non-certified child care providers for the After School Child Care Program and/or Summer Camp Program.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members to complete assigned tasks.
- Roller skate, bowl, swim with the children.
- Walk children to the bathroom.
- Keep tables and play areas clean.
- Play with children in organized games and in the playground.
- Report to work promptly on assigned days. If you are going to be late, please call the site to inform the Lead Counselor.
- Fill in voucher daily and have it signed by Lead Counselor/Counselor.
- Follow directions and assignments given by the Lead Counselor/Counselor.
- Be dressed properly for pool days and monitor students from inside the pool.
- Report all injuries, discipline problems, safety issues and personal issues to the Lead Counselor/Counselor in charge.
- Be a positive role model. Use appropriate language and topics of discussion at the child care sites.
- Dress appropriately.
- Do not carry students.
- Assist children with homework directions.
- Arrange for a substitute if you are going to be absent.
- Speak to children in a kind and positive manner. Work with students to resolve conflict and disagreement through discussion and negotiation.
- Attend all trips on the bus.