Three (3) days per week, 9am-3pm
The Midland School, in North Branch (Somerset County) NJ, a private special education school serving developmentally disabled students aged 5 to 21 is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking candidates for the following position, Part-Time: Industrial Arts Teacher.
- BS or BA from accredited college or university;
- New Jersey Teacher of Industrial Arts Certification;
- New Jersey Criminal Review Clearance;
- Meets State requirements as Highly Qualified Teacher.
It shall be the responsibility of the person in this position to:
- Deliver a program of instruction to each child, giving due consideration to the abilities and disabilities of the child, the IEP from the public school district and the philosophy of The Midland School.
- Provide complete and appropriate supervision of all students assigned.
- Maintain appropriate and professional communication with parents of assigned students.
- Consult with classroom teachers and coordinate program with class and school wide curricula.
- Provide activities to allow for student creativity and self-expression.
- Order, inventory, and maintain appropriate general shop supplies for industrial art instruction and school use.
- Create and/or consult on adapted equipment.
- Serve as a member of the Code Red Team and School Safety Committee.
- Provide training, supervision and direction to any teacher-aide(s) assigned.
- Attend staffings, conferences, and meetings related to any student assigned.
- Participate in all staff meetings.
- Remain cognizant of the latest innovations in the fields of general shop and special education and continually revise and upgrade programs to reflect these changes.
- Attend select evening meetings and conferences.
- Develop and maintain daily lesson plans.
- Develop and implement effective behavior management programs for students in conjunction with support center staff.
- Develop a Shop Progress Report form and evaluate each student’s progress.
- Perform bus duty as assigned.
- Develop and implement a Professional Development Plan.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor or Principal.