CONFIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR / COORDINATOR OF PAYROLL, BENEFITS AND TRANSPORTATION
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of five (5) years NJ school business office experience with related responsibilities preferred.
- Skills relating to good oral and written communication, and advanced computer usage with multiple software applications, including Systems 3000 or similar software.
- Knowledge of State and Federal Laws and Regulations as they apply to payroll distribution, pensions, and taxes.
- Strong understanding of and adherence to confidential information and reporting in keeping with applicable laws and Board Policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and public
- Prepare and ensure the timely and accurate development and submission of payroll distributions as scheduled.
- Thorough understanding of contractual obligations as they relate to salaries and hourly rates for a variety of positions based on the negotiated agreements.
- Prepare and submit all tax payments and returns as required. Annually, prepare and distribute W2's and other required reporting to all employees.
- Enroll personnel, prepare, and submit all pension reports (quarterly and annually) as required.
- Enroll/terminate employees in employee health benefit programs, ensuring active listing and accurate accounting at all times.
- Administer COBRA plan and payments as required.
- Administer Flexible Spending Plan accounts and payments as required.
- Assist in representing the employer with State Unemployment issues including information necessary for the preparation of documents requested, and participate if required in hearings.
- Be competent in the knowledge and utilization of Systems 3000 software program applications as well as other computer products that are applicable to this position.
- Coordinate and implement software updates for our accounting, personnel and payroll software Systems 3000.
- Demonstrate high level of skill with use of Google, Microsoft Excel and Word, and general computer software applications.
- Review and track all Superintendent recommendations to the Board of Education relating to personnel appointments, payment of stipends, hourly rates, leaves of absence and other changes, including issue of employment contracts.
- Ability to interface with staff and answer questions regarding individual’s payroll or health benefit issues and concerns.
- Assist the Business Administrator on preparation and monitoring the school district budget, cash flows and transfers.
- Assist in monitoring and financial reporting of federal and state grants.
- Process wire transfers between bank and accounts for investments, bill lists, payroll and debt service payments.
- Record all cash receipts and deposits and track all accounts receivables.
- Issue year-end senior awards and scholarship payments
- Coordinate all aspects of the student free and reduced lunch program in accordance with State and Federal guidelines.
- Coordinate transportation for in-district and out of district students, non-public students in grades K-12, and prepare the annual District Report of Transported Students for submission to the NJ Department of Education.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Business Administrator or Superintendent of Schools.
Beginning on or about January 3, 2022
Interested applicants must apply online at