Teacher ( All certified personnel including Teachers, Librarians, Nurses, Attendance Officers, Guidance Counselors, School Psychologist, Occupational Education Instructors, Psychiatric Social Workers, Teachers Assistants, Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultants, Consultants and Resource Teachers)
A New Certificate with the appropriate endorsement.
AUTHORITY AND RELATIONSHIP:
Responsible to building principal and/or other appropriately certified supervisory personnel designated by the Superintendent of Schools.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
To assist students to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional. Physical and psychological growth, and to provide them with the knowledge and skills essential for full participation as responsible citizens.
Within the approved limits of authority and in compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and policies of the Elizabeth Board of Education and the New Jersey Administrative Code, the teacher is responsible for the effective performance of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Competency within assigned position
- Planning and preparation
- Classroom control
- Record Keeping
- Curriculum development
- Professional growth
- Teacher/Student Relationships
- Teacher/Staff Relationships
- Teacher/Parent Relationships
Within the approved limits of authority and in compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and policies of the Elizabeth Board of Education and the New Jersey Administrative Code, the teacher is responsible for the effective performance of the following duties and responsibilities as specified by the assigned position:
- Uses effective and varied methods of presentation.
- Assists students in developing desirable work habits and study skills.
- Provides opportunities for full student participation.
- Uses appropriate and correct oral and written expression in lesson preparation and presentation.
- Plans based on long and short- term instructional goals.
- Evaluate student progress on a regular basis.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment that is conducive to effective learning and appropriate to the maturity, interest and ability of students.
- Provides for the safety and well being of students by establishing standards of behavior.
- Encourages respect for rights, opinions, property and contributions of others.
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in locations and at times designated
- Continues the educational process by being available to students and parents for education-related purposes.
- Insures proper maintenance and inventory of instructional materials and equipment.
- Participates in faculty meetings and committees as required.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructions.
- Participates in all in-service activities as required.
- Provides equal educational opportunities for all students in accordance with state and local thorough and efficient goals and objectives.
- Remains abreast of current educational developments, trends and interpretations.
- Accepts and carries out assigned responsibilities for co-curricular activities.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and the policies of the Elizabeth Board of Education.
- Performs all other assigned duties deemed necessary and essential by the Superintendent of Schools or his designee.