Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
EXCEPTIONAL SPECIAL EDUCATION AIDE
To assist the special education student at the direction of the teacher by providing instructional, behavioral and clerical support in achieving the objectives of the student's individual educational plan.
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. College experience and/or experience working with disabled children desirable.
3. Demonstrates proficiency in math, language and reading skills.
4. In accordance with state code (NJAC6:28 —4.2(b)3vi), prior written approval must be obtained from the Department of Education, County Office.
5. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
1. To Assist students with physical handicapping conditions, particularly those who rely upon assistive devices and/or prosthetics. This may include lifting a student in and out of a wheelchair and assisting with toileting needs.
2. To work cooperatively with classroom teacher to establish consistent and structured classroom procedures.
3. To assist in the development, preparation and construction of instructional materials as requested by the teacher.
4. To contribute positively to a classroom atmosphere that is conductive to learning.
5. To assist, under a teacher/consultant direction, in the collection and administration of behavior management systems.
6. Maintains accurate and complete records to document a student's daily progress towards IEP goals and objectives.
7. To participate, under the teacher's guidance, in lesson planning.
8. Provide one-on-one reinforcement activities on the drills (objectives) established for the student by the teacher/consultant.
9. Maintains written and oral communication with the teacher/consultant concerning all aspects a of a student's program and schedule.
10. Alerts the teacher/consultant to any problem or special information about an individual student.
11. To respect the confidentiality of pupil records and communicate student progress or needs to the consulting the teacher, CST case manager, or administration (ethical conduct).
12. To participate in in-service programs or training workshops when requested.
13. To perform other reasonable and relevant duties as determined by the applicable IEP, classroom teacher, administration or Board of Education.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Ten months with salary and work year determined by the Board of Education in compliance with NJAC 6:28 - 4.2
Salary for 2022-2023 School Year - $25,000, plus Health Benefits.