SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Glassboro Public Schools is currently seeking a Special Education Teacher - Self Contained for the Thomas E. Bowe School for the 2019-2020 School Year. This Position Begins September 1, 2019.
Successful candidates must:
- Plan and implement a variety of rich instructional experiences to enhance student achievement.
- Use instructional strategies that are appropriate for the objectives and for the students.
- Implement formative assessment strategies to evaluate student progress as well as the effectiveness of instruction.
- Possess experience providing academic instruction to diverse populations.
- Possess (it is preferred) experience with ABA and discrete trial.
- Possess working experience with curricular planning and implementation.
- Establish a positive learning environment in which behavioral and academic expectations are communicated and reinforced.
- Effectively communicate with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Follow district and school policies, regulations, procedures and rules.
- State of NJ Certification (2475 – Teacher of Students with Disabilities) REQUIRED
- State of NJ Certification (Middle School Subject Matter Specialization) Preferred
- Strong Background in Balanced Literacy, the PARCC Assessment, the Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment, FUNdations and Total Participation Techniques (TPTs)
- Ability to Work with a Diverse Population, Including Experience with ELL Students
- Successful Completion of Fingerprinting and Criminal History Review Process
You may use the APPLY button.