Westfield, New Jersey
September 1, 2020
Union County Educational Services Commission is a public agency in Westfield, NJ that was established to provide cost-effective educational programs and services for the twenty-one public school districts located in Union County. The Commission is currently seeking full-time Paraprofessionals at Westlake School, a public middle and high school program serving students from ages 7 to 21 who have multiple disabilities including cognitive impairments, physical disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, visual/auditory impairments, learning disabilities, communication impairments, other health impairments, and traumatic brain injuries.
- Full-Time, 10-Month Position
- Hours: 8:20 – 2:40 p.m.
- Competitive Public School Salary
- Comprehensive Individual Medical, Prescription and Dental Benefits
- NJ Pension System Eligibility (PERS)
- Paid sick, personal, and family illness days
- Opportunities for summer employment
- Assist teachers in the implementation of instruction across all domains including but not limited to academics, vocational readiness, recreational programs, and therapeutic sessions.
- Assist students with Activities of Daily Living including feeding, toileting, personal care, and dressing.
- Assist teachers in the implementation of behavior modification strategies and interventions which may involve the provision of physical prompting and redirection to students.
- Assist students during community-based instruction trips off school grounds; may include trips to area businesses and a local swimming pool; paraprofessionals may be required to enter the pool to provide assistance to students during the aquatics program.
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with students with disabilities, preferably in an educational setting
- Earned 60+ college credits from an accredited college or university preferred
- NJ Department of Education Substitute Teacher certification preferred
- Knowledge of American Sign Language preferred
Please complete the online application in its entirety to be eligible for an interview.
Thank you for your interest!