The primary responsibility of the Student Information Systems (SIS) and Google Administrator is to oversee the operation and maintenance of the student information system, applications and network systems and provide support for the Administrative Computer and Applications Systems including the preparation of state reporting from July 1 to June 30 i.e. NJSMART, NJ ACHIEVE, Application for State School Aid (ASSA).
Reports To: Supervisor of Guidance/Family Liaison
- A minimum of two years’ experience supporting users on data systems; extensive experience using MS Excel and Google Sheets.
- Familiarity working:
- MS PowerPoint, Google Slides or other presentation software
- MS Word and Google Doc software
- Google Suite or other database software
- Working with large-scale datasets
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or experience in a job-related area and/or extensive experience supporting multiple application systems in an educational environment.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with staff and administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Demonstrate the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management information retrieval, visual and audio presentations, and telecommunications.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
Other Job Functions:
- Assist in the coordination and development of computer technology in the instructional program by configuring Genesis to offer the current course curriculum.
- Serve as liaison between the instructional end user and outside contractors. Determine a need for an outside contractor's services, evaluate their effectiveness, maintain a log of activities including contracts and recommend payment for their services. Assists in management of SIS data from multiple sources including internal, external, and third party data, when necessary.
- Develop and carry out a continuing inservice program for all teaching and related staff in the use and implementation of computers and appropriate applications packages. Develop and provide how-to-guides and videos to further assist staff districtwide on an ongoing basis. Creates SIS reference materials (e.g., “go-by’s”, quick reference guides, and protocols) for dissemination to end-users including, but not limited to, Registrars, Secretaries and Teachers. Assists in the delivery of SIS training to new employees and existing employees including, but not limited to, professional development for large group, small group, and drop-in settings. Assist with training in the administrative area at the direction of the Superintendent or his/her designee.
- Assist in the design, configuration, and implementation of the student information system enhancements and new computer technology within the district. Provide set up assistance for new features within the system including the testing of these features prior to adoption in the live environment. Test newly created reports and post to the appropriate place within the SIS for end-users.
- Respond to users’ including students, parents, staff, and administrators requests for software assistance. Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems for users of the Willingboro Public School District Student Information System. Provide one-on-one end-user SIS problem resolution over the phone, e-mail, or remotely as needed.
- Assist and advise appropriate staff in the evaluation of applications and to make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy of current student data and ensure accurate data is submitted to the State of New Jersey Department of Education through various reporting methods. Support the development of queries and scripts for the purpose of providing specific student data.
- Take recommendations to the Supervisor of Guidance/Family Liaison relative to keeping current with changes in the data requested by the state. Stay current on state and federal student data reporting requirements for the purpose of ensuring accurate and compliant data submission.
- Recommend purchases and prepare an annual budget for the Student Information Systems department.
- Assist the technology department in ensuring that an accurate inventory of educational equipment is maintained within the district utilizing an updated tracking system.
- Prepare and maintain a plan for student information system maintenance and system outages.
- Configure and maintain uniform district grading policy for all instruction related applications and assure the compliance of all end users with those standards
- Serve as district liaison between various stakeholders and district departments i.e. area charter schools, Attendance Office, Registration, Business Department, various school districts and oversee the successful management of NJSMART and NJACHIEVE. Perform basic data queries and respond to PreK-12 data inquiries from staff and/or outside partner agencies.
- Create the school-based master scheduling via the Student Information System includes configuring course catalog and recommendations from teachers and parents, requests from School Counselor, class builder, and student builder. Complete all steps to ensure that class availability is congruent with student course requests.
- Monitor, identify, and prioritize SIS errors submitted on a daily basis. Assist with maintaining SIS data integrity by running reports to identify potential errors. Assist with system maintenance by running regular system processes daily, weekly or monthly, as needed. Maintain and adhere to the schedule for these system responsibilities.
- Attend monthly data system meetings when required at local Educational Service Districts and keep current with changes in Genesis.
- Perform basic SIS setup for schools before the start of the new school year. Assist district staff to facilitate the New Year Rollover and Year End Transition.
- Grant SIS access to end-users with the appropriate level of system security. Reset passwords as needed. Maintain staff information required for basic state reporting. Assist management of user accounts and access privileges for the SIS and Data Warehouse for the purpose of providing data security.
- Adhere to information security policies and regulations (FERPA, HIPAA, etc). Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to students, staff, or district patrons.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools and/or designee.
- Demonstrates professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean, and appropriate professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Confers regularly with immediate supervisor, or designee, and works under the direction of licensed staff.
- Follows all district policies, work procedures, and reasonable requests by proper authority.
Term of Employment: Twelve (12) month, Non-Affiliated position.
Salary: Salary negotiable.