Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Effective Date(s): September 2022
Staff Needed: One (1) Teacher of English
- Hold a New Jersey instructional certificate in accordance with the requirements of N.J.S.A. 18A:27.1 et seq., and N.J.A.C. Title 6 Chapter 11 with appropriate subject area endorsement(s) for the position held (N.J.A.C. 6:11-6.1, 6.2, or 8.1 et seq.).
- Have excellent experience in teaching and working with children.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Experience working with High School Students with various ability levels
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, with staff, students, parents, administrators, and the community
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Demonstrate the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual and audio presentations, and telecommunications.
- Provide instruction and experiences in learning the culture of the community.
- Work in collaboration with the classroom teacher and with specialist teachers, reinforcing or modifying the methods and materials used in the regular classrooms.
- Maintain records indicating progress of the student and assist with evaluation and assessment of students. Communicate regularly with the parents to nurture a supportive and cooperative relationship between home and school.
- Engage the learners in differentiated learning experiences for the range of skill levels and developmental needs found in the classroom, managing, when appropriate, multiple instructional activities simultaneously.
Salary: As Per Negotiated Contract
Initiator: Nicolette Thompson
- Meet such alternatives to above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable
- Pending budget availability
- All postings are open for ten (10) consecutive days following the date or until filled