Nature and Scope of Job: Under the supervision of the Principal, Philip’s Academy Charter School seeks a Special Education/Resource Interventionist Instructor (RTI) to support teachers and work with students with Individual Education Plans (IEPs). The teacher will create, manage, and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that enhance student development and mastery of learning objectives. Philip’s teachers participate in extensive professional development, collaborate with other faculty and staff, promote rigorous learning opportunities, and look out for the collective and individual interests of Philip’s students as well as the schools’ greater community.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist teachers to develop research-based, instructional practices that support the development of student’s on Individual Education Plans (IEP), specifically in early literacy and mathematical background knowledge and concept development.
- Provide inclusion and pull-out support for students with IEPs.
- Work cooperatively with grade level partners and additional staff to evaluate, modify and document student progress.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with families to ensure consistency between home and school in order to promote student success.
- Maintain ongoing professional development, including attendance at grade level meetings.
- Support during other times of the day, including but not limited to teaching a co-curricular and providing supervision during recess, lunch, and hallway.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice from the Principal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field required; advanced degree in education a plus.
- Hold a NJ State Teachers of Student with Disabilities Certificate with co- K-6 Teaching Certification.
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience, specifically in science a plus.
- Commitment to ensuring academic success for all students.
- Shared dedication to Philip’s Academy’s philosophy and mission.
- Excellent teamwork, work ethic, and organizational skills.
- Communicate effectively in English, both orally and verbally. Bilingual a plus.
- Possess excellent integrity, a gentle spirit, and demonstrate strong moral character and initiative.
- Demonstrate technological abilities: word processing, data management, and informational retrieval.
- Submit a background checks through the New Jersey Department of Education.
- Be CPR, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogen certified or obtain certification upon hire.
- Complete a Tuberculosis test and physical and provide a physician’s documentation of both.
- Be able to kneel, bend, squat, lift, push, pull, and carry students up to 70lbs.
- Have dependable transportation.
Philip’s Academy Charter Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.