MIDDLE SCHOOL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL- Medford Township Public Schools seeks Assistant Principal for Middle School (7th and 8th Grade) for the 2019-2020 academic year. Position is available September 1, 2019. Successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree from an accredited College or University and New Jersey Principal Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility.
- Minimum of five years successful teaching experience or equivalent experience in teaching, leadership and/or administration.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning, program evaluation, child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, formative and summative assessments, professional development and data driven decision making.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to lead, supervise and motivate people.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate will with students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
- Ability to effectively utilize technology for reports, data management, presentations and telecommunications.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and promote a positive, caring climate for learning.
- Supervise the instructional programs assigned by the principal, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with District policies and initiatives.
- Ensure that personnel evaluation procedures are accomplished in a fair and consistent manner that encourages accountability, growth and excellence in accordance with state law, Board policy and contractual requirements.
- Develop, recommend and/or provide professional development opportunities that address the needs of the instructional program and needs of the staff.
- Use a variety of data sources to inform decision-making in instruction and operations. Assist the principal in maintaining and using information systems to track progress on school performance objectives and indicators of academic excellence.
- Assume responsibility for the operation of the school in the daily and/or short term absence of the Principal, in accordance and compliance with all laws, administrative codes and Board policies and regulations.
- Assist the Principal and provide leadership for the school’s overall behavior management program resulting in positive student behavior.
- Ensure school rules are uniformly observed and student disciplinary interventions are appropriate, consistent, equitable and responsive to student needs.
- Assist the Principal with the administrative functions of the school.
- Supervise personnel as assigned by the Principal to ensure that all job responsibilities are met.
- Maintain visibility with students, staff, parents and the community by attending school and community functions regularly to demonstrate a genuine interest in the students and staff.
- Assume responsibility for health, safety and welfare of students, staff and visitors.
- Complete in a timely manner all records and reports as required by law and regulation or requested by the Principal. Respond to correspondence promptly.
- Attend required staff meetings and serve, as appropriate, on school-based and District committees.
- Inspire innovation creatively among the school community.
- Continue to grow professionally through collaboration with colleagues and professional growth experiences.
- Supervises the reporting and monitoring of student daily attendance; working with parents and student to ensure consistent attendance.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports of the SSDS.
- Supervise extracurricular and assembly programs; responsible for the interscholastic sports assignment to include hiring of coaches and scheduling of games.
- Assist in the overall development of the school schedule providing optimal opportunities for students; effectively utilizes the talents of staff.
- Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as assigned by the Principal and not otherwise prohibited by law and regulation.
- Adhere to New Jersey school law, State Board of Education rules and regulations, Board of Education policies and regulations and contractual obligations.
Salary commensurate with experience within the terms of the Administrator’s Salary Guide.
PLEASE FORWARD LETTER OF INTEREST, RESUME AND COPY OF NEW JERSEY CERTIFICATE(S) OR NJ DOE PRINTOUT TO:
Human Resources Office
Medford Twp. School District
137 Hartford Road
Medford, New Jersey 08055
OR VIA EMAIL TO: email@example.com
DEADLINE: August 2, 2019