Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Effective Date(s): Immediately
Staff Needed: One (1) Principal
- Hold NJ administrative certificate in accordance with the requirements of N.J.S.A. 18A:27.1 et seq., and NJAC Title 6 Chapter 11, with a principal endorsement (N.J.A.C. 6:11-9.3 and 9.5)
- Hold a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have at least (3) years administrative experience as a Principal, Assistant Principal or Supervisor and excellent experience in teaching and working with adults or adolescents
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of curriculum development and program evaluation, child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, research relating to learning.
- Lead and manage student management discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate. Provide and supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance system with high standards, consistent with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school and district in accordance with due process and other laws and regulations, ensuring a safe, orderly environment that encourage students to take responsibility for behavior and creates high morale among staff and students.
- Work with Assistant Principals to ensure consistent and accurate implementation of Student Code of Conduct.
- Maintain visibility with students, staff, parents and community, attending school and community functions regularly to demonstrate a genuine interest in the student and staff.
- Communicate regularly with parents, seeking their support and advise, so as to create a cooperative relationship to support the students in the school.
Salary: As Per Negotiated Contract
Initiator: Cicely Warren, Assistant Superintendent for School Administration
- Meet such alternatives to above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable
- Pending budget availability
- All postings are open for ten (10) consecutive days following the date or until filled