Glassboro Public Schools is currently seeking Instructional Assistants for the J. Harvey Rodgers, Dorothy L. Bullock and Thomas E. Bowe Schools This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
High School diploma, basic clerical skills, and knowledge of automated office equipment and computer operations. Strong organizational skills and evidence of good moral character as determined by reference checks, fingerprint review and observations. Must meet Title I requirements for No Child Left Behind paraprofessionals if position is funded by Title I or Title I blended funds.
Classroom teacher to whom aide is assigned (“Assigned Teacher”) and building principal.
JOB GOAL/MAJOR FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare instructional materials at direction of assigned teacher, including making charts, assisting in creating and displaying room decorations and displays.
- Assist assigned teacher with classroom routine and housekeeping responsibilities including distribution of class materials and equipment, use of classroom equipment and mechanical aids for instruction, collet homework, class work, and tests.
- Perform clerical duties for assigned teacher related to the students of the assigned teacher including recording attendance, preparing inventories and materials, type and duplicate materials needed for use by the assigned teacher for the students, and file for the assigned teacher.
- Work at the direction of the assigned teacher, with individual or groups of students of the assigned teacher including reviewing concepts with the students, assisting students with projects or assignments, correcting work product, assisting in maintaining discipline and order, assisting new students of the assigned teacher in acclimating to the class and school, receiving and making telephone calls concerning routine student/classroom matters and assisting during field trips.
- Monitor students of the assigned teacher during non-instructional time when required by the students’ IEP or Section 504 plans.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a ten (10) month position with salary and contract terms to be negotiated with the Superintendent and the Board of Education.
Performance in this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
GPSD communicates information regarding the hiring process via email. Please be aware that the District is not responsible for messages blocked by your email service. In an effort to allow our emails through your personal spam filter, you can add the email firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list.
GPSD provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, immigration status, association with a group with one or more actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. The Title IX Coordinator's contact information email@example.com, 856-652-2700, or by mail, 560 Bowe Blvd, Glassboro, NJ 08028. It is the policy of GPSD to maintain a drug-free workplace. If needed, individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may request accommodation.