BLACK SEAL PREFERRED
Night Custodian Hours 3:00 PM-11:00 PM
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to perform physical labor involved in custodial responsibilities including, but not limited to, lifting a minimum of 40 lbs. Shall have the ability to read routine memos and manufacturer’s labels and instructions. Shall have sufficient aptitude and skill to make minor repairs. Shall master use of machines of the trade including, but not limited to vacuum cleaners, scrub machines, drills and hard tools. The Custodian shall possess a Black Seal Fireman’s License. The Custodian must have on file his/her criminal background check.
REPORTS TO: Head Custodian
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve (12) Months
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Custodian
- Shall endeavor to achieve the best possible result in the cleaning and maintenance of the school plant and in the care and maintenance of grounds, including daily cleaning and sanitizing of the facility.
- Shall perform minor maintenance functions including but not limited to painting, glazing, and carpentry, and shall, when requested, assist the maintenance staff.
- Shall receive and tally deliveries.
- Shall, in the absence of the head custodian and building administrator, assume such reasonable authority as may be necessary to ensure the security of the school building and the safety of the occupants and shall, if assigned, assume the responsibilities of the head custodian on a temporary basis.
- Shall make every effort to use supplies and equipment as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Shall participate in training programs designed to improve employee efficiency and effectiveness.
- Shall make a reasonable effort within the scope of authority to conserve energy. Before closing the building, determine that all doors and windows are secured and all lights (except safety) turned off.